ARI (Autism Research Institute)
Article: Advice for Parents of Young Autistic Children
Information on Defeat Autism Now! Treatment Protocol
The ARI, founded and directed by Bernard Rimland, Ph.D., functions primarily to educate and support families of children with autism about current research and about the various therapies available.
Autism Network for Dietary Intervention
PO Box 17711
Rochester, NY 14617-0711
Web site: AutismNDI.com
Provides support for families using dietary intervention in the treatment of autism and related disorders.
Developmental Delay Resources
4401 East West Highway
Bethesda, MD 20814
The DDR is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to educate parents and professionals supporting children with developmental delays about healthy options for treating the whole child. They publish a quarterly newsletter called New Developments, which includes articles about therapies, conferences and nutrition, with lists of helpful organizations and mail-order for books.
The Feingold Association of the United States
127 East Main Street, Suite 106
Riverhead, NY 11901
The Feingold Association of the United States is a nonprofit organization whose purposes are to support member in the implementation of the Feingold Program and to generate public awareness of the potential role of food and synthetic additives in the treatment of learning, behavior and health problems. The program is based on a diet eliminating synthetic colors, synthetic flavors and the preservatives BHA, BHT and TBHQ. They have recently added a special section to their program introducing member to the gluten- and casein-free diet.
- GF/CF Kids (Includes new listserv for parents using the diet for the treatment of autism): http://www.gfcfdiet.com/
- Support help for families using the GF/CF diet in the treatment of Autism and related developmental disabilites:http://www.autismndi.com/
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center’s Center for Complementary Medicine-Forum on Alternative and Innovative Therapies for Children with Developmental Disorders and Brain Injury: www.healing-arts.org/children
- Grain-free, dairy-free recipes: http://www.paleofood.com/
- Autism-FBI (Fighting Back with Dietary Intervention List-server) This list is for intermediate and advanced GF,CF, yeast-free dieters: www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/Autism-FBI
- Articles and other links to gluten-free diet information:http://www.gflinks.com/
- ADHD and milk (lots of links):www.nowheat.com/grfx/nomilk/index.htm
- Future Horizons-Books about autism: www.futurehorizons-autism.com
- The Autism Autoimmunity Project: www.gti.net/truegrit
- A Complete list of Specific Carbohydrate Diet related websites:www.scdiet.info
- Elaine Gottschall’s official web site regarding the Specific Carbohydrate Diet: www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info
- Schafer Autism Report : SAR@topica.email-publisher.com
- Children With Starving Brains, Jacquelyn McCandless, M.D.www.autism-rxguidebook.net
- Unraveling the Mystery of Autism and PDD, Karen Seroussi
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children’s Vaccinations, Stephanie Cave, M.D.
- Facing Autism, Lynn Hamilton
- Autism/Asperger’s Digest Magazine,http://www.autismdigest.com/
- Special Diets for Special Kids vol 1 & 2, Lisa Lewis
- Breaking the Vicious Cycle, Elaine Gottschall